Thomas Dodd wrote:

> Anybody got the Rawhide kerenl to work with RAID ?
> I have a 2 disk IDE RAID with the md drivers.
> The 2.2 kernel with the Red Hat patches allow booting
> with / and /boot as RAID sets.
>
> /boot (/dev/md0 ) is RAID1 and / (/dev/md2) is RAID0.
>
> With the current rawhide kernel, I get an error
> when trying to mount /. The RAID autodetect seams
> to be missing. The IDE modules are loading and I
> the disks/partitions are found.

To add some info.
lilo has root=/dev/md2 for all the inmages/labels
I tried lilo to add the md=0,/dev/hda2,/dev/hdb2
and md=0,0,4,0,/dev/hda2,/hdb2
options to the kernel. No change.

/etc/raidtab shows a chunk size of 64K for the
stripe set.

The last few line when booting are:

raid0 personality registered
raid1 personality registered
EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=09:02, iso_blknum=16, block=32
kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 09:02

Anyone got any ideas?

        -Thomas