Lars Nordin wrote:

> Not knowing that can get you in trouble - see these sites on the definition
> of GPL, LGPL and licensing:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html
>
> Just because it open for distribution does not necessarily mean that you can
> use it for commerical purposes - it is still under a license.
>
> On Friday 23 February 2001 11:48, Jalaja Devi wrote:
> > The documentation of the driver sez that it is GNU and
> > open for distribution.
> > I don't know the difference bet GPL, LGPL, GNU etc!!

I think this is the relevant part of the GPL, but you should still read
the whole license.

<snip>
  10. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free
programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to the
author
to ask for permission.  For software which is copyrighted by the Free
Software Foundation, write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes
make exceptions for this.  Our decision will be guided by the two goals
of preserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software
and
of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.
</snip>

--
Ivan Jager