I have one long-awaited "strange" question.

Why RedHat choosed to use (and require) xfree86-xfs package?
Xfs isn't needed to local x server at all (all the functionality
is built into it directly).  Xfs may be useful as a central font
repository for many machines, so that one can install fonts only
on xfs machine, but in this case, again, xserver doesn't need xfs
on LOCAL machine, only on remote one.  So: why use xfs on every
local machine and REQUIRE it by xserver??  This sounds like a
(conceptual) bug...

  itself, and it can do this in more efficient manner than with
  "help" of locally running xfs
 for centralized font repository, xfs needed only on this repository
  machine, local xservers on client machines can happily access
  this central repository just like local xserver can access local
  xfs -- again, no need for local xfs on every machine.

The only reason for local xfs on *every* machine I see is to share
fonts with each other.  But this is ..ummm.. unpractical at least.

Thank you!

Regards,
 Michael.