On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Moving from ext2 to anything else besides ext3 is a PITA, and redhat has the
> tradition not to support anything rather ext2/ext3...

Well, I think I saw reiserfs utils in the latest rawhide, so support for
reiserfs probably will be incuded in next release.

By the way, it's a pity that the only way to know where Red Hat's going is
to browse through heaps of rawhide rpms and spot interesting ones: "Oh,
reiserfs-utils is there", "Oh, KDE is there" (1998), "Oh, gcc 3 is there
at last". And so on, and so forth.

Wouldn't it be nice, if Red Hat announced additions and removals of
packages in rawhide? No fancy comments are needed, just a simple list will
do. I'm not asking you to advertise new features the way Microsoft does
(so that everyone knows about them months before actual release, even if
they don't want to know and couldn't care less).

--
Alexander

Homepage: http://www.sensi.org/~ak/