On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> Actually, Redhat like to stay very silent during development of their next
> version.

> > By the way, it's a pity that the only way to know where Red Hat's going is
> > to browse through heaps of rawhide rpms and spot interesting ones: "Oh,
> > reiserfs-utils is there", "Oh, KDE is there" (1998), "Oh, gcc 3 is there
> > at last". And so on, and so forth.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be nice, if Red Hat announced additions and removals of
> > packages in rawhide? No fancy comments are needed, just a simple list will

Perhaps I am missing something:

1.  Mirror Raw Hide periodicly
2.  Report the diff's
3.  Set an auto-rebuilder to turn SRPMs into RPM's with your
production libraries
4.  File Bugzilla as you see them against Raw Hide
5.  Dedicate a host to stay current with bleeding edge Raw
Hide as you build it.

All knowledge revealed for two hour's work.

(Remember that it will crash and burn, and one may end up
seeing (and liking) packages which do not release publicly --
an intermediate release of gdm was really nice, but a bit
tricky to configure properly pre RH 7.2 -- I still run it,
and really prefer it.)

-- Russ Herrold