Im trying to set up a ppp connection from my Red Hat New Install, so it can
serve as a dial-up server for my workstations (among other things...)

I found an excellent HOW TO back in the archives

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/PPP-Client-HOWTO/PPP-Client-HOWTO.ht
ml#toc11

but... I've run into a problem..

I do not have the below mentioned files anywhere on my system (that I
can see) and have no idea of what their contents should be...
----------quoting from archive---

You should end up with the following ownerships and permissions in
response to ls -l
/usr/sbin/ppp-*

      -rwxr-x---   1 root     PPP           587 Mar 14  1995
/usr/sbin/ppp-on
      -rwxr-x---   1 root     PPP           631 Mar 14  1995
/usr/sbin/ppp-off

---------
I've tried to continue without these, but after I connect and log into
my ISP and run the pppd as suggested in this archive i found. when i
run

ifconfig ppp0

i get

ppp0     Link encap:Point-Point Protocol
         inet addr:0.0.0.0  P-t-P:0.0.0.0  Mask:0.0.0.0
         POINTOPOINT  MTU:1500  Metric:1
         RX packets:63287 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0
         TX packets:62187 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0

any ideas? thanks in advance!

==