Hi.

 I was running pppd 2.2.0f and all was good. Win95, Mac (FreePPP), and
Win3.1
(Winsock 2.0b) worked fine. That is they could all dial into my linux
machine (on a stallion serial board).

Now I upgrade to 2.3.3 and all I see in Winsock is ppp frame check
errors and no connection. Win95 works great (not sure about mac).

Mgetty parses the info fine but PPP dies with messages like:

serial link is not 8-bit clean
or
LCP timeout sending config requests
or
peer refused to authenticate

it depends on what I try with the options file as to what type of error
I get.

My files look like this.

/etc/mgetty*/login.config

/AutoPPP/    -        -        /usr/sbin/pppd 115200

/etc/ppp/options

auth
login
modem
crtscts
lock
proxyarp
ms-dns xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (our dns server of course).

Any ideas?

Does anyone out there have Winsock users dialing into pppd 2.3.3-4? If
so what are your config files.

Thanks.
begin:          vcard
fn:             Mark Rogers
n:              Rogers;Mark
org:            NRG
email;internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:          Sys Admin / Network Manager / Dare Devil
note;quoted-printable:Our new motto: "You don't know how lucky you are!"=0D=0A=
	http://www.funkcity.com.au
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1