Hello Again,

Thanks to everyone for letting me know about successful Riva128 AGP
implementations.  I, however, am still having problems.  Fortunately
this machine is new, so I'm able to blow it away at will and re-install.
My latest attempt was a bare bones RH5 install with no X components,
then installing the latest XFree86(3.3.2) as a full install.  I'm able
to run XF86Setup and choose all the right options but whenever it goes
to start up the XF86_SVGA server(which has Riva128 accelleration) the
sytem dies.  I mean DEAD, black screen, no keyboard response(not even
NUMLOCK), no network response, no error logging... DEAD.

If anybody has a clue, please share!

System Details:
Dell Dimension XPS D233
PII 233mhz
64mb SDRAM
STB Velocity 128, 4mb SGRAM
Yamaha sound
RedHat 5.0
XFree86 3.3.2 (glibc) full install

If somebody with a working Riva128 AGP(preferably a Velocity128) config
could send me their XF86Config, I'd surely appreciate it!

Thanks again,
js