At 08:54 PM 5/14/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I changed the jumper to master, but it still won't recognize my cdrom.
>When you say second hdc connector, do you mean second from the ide card or
>second from the end of the cable?

  The former. The card probably has two connectors, one is the primary and
the other is the secondary. Each connector can support two IDE/EIDE
devices. One device is jumpered as the master, the other as the slave. So,
a fully loaded system has a primary/master, primary/slave,
secondary/master, secondary/slave device.

  If you had both the hard drive and CD on the primary port (master and
slave, respectively), the suggestion was to make both masters, but put the
CD on the end of a separate cable connected to the secondary port on the card.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street