Tried adding host file entries for the linux computer on the windows
clients and it did'nt work. Also checked the /etc/resolv.conf file as
Dave W. suggested and it looks Ok:

search aireistemas.com
nameserver 204.120.234.1

The nameserver is an NT server with DNS up and running for a few month
and working fine. So I discard that as the problem.

Also tried adding the IP of the pop client to the DNS list on the NT
server as Igmar P. suggested and still have the same delay problem. Also
verified DNS using ,ping linux.airesistemas.com, from an NT client to
the linux computer and got response time les than 10ms. So I believe its
working fine.

The one option I have'nt tried is to create the reverse proxy arp
entries, I am lost on this topic. Could someone tell where could I get
info. on this or is there something else I should try to fix the delay
problem?

Thanks everyone for the help,

Alex