>I had some problems installing olvwm in my RH 5.0.
>Can someone tell me HOW I can get the best package
>from any ftp site and installing succesfully ? I
>installed the xview rpm package from RH 4.2 ftp
>site, but I do not understand the relations between
>xview and olvwm ? Can someone explane me ?

I'm afraid that I can't explain you, but I will try and get OpenWindows
running on your system.  I have it up and running on mine right now.

The Xview RPM package from the RedHat 4.2 is the correct one to use.

Add the following alias to your shell's environment:

        ow='openwin -wm olvwm >& openwin.log'

The openwin.log is to help troubleshoot any problems.

If you haven't done so already, you need to add the following to your
environment;

        export OPENWINHOME=/usr/openwin
or
        setenv OPENWINHOME /usr/openwin

Add $OPENWINHOME/bin tp your path.

Source the files that you edited and just enter "ow" on the command line.
It should start, but you won't have much on the screen.  If you get
OpenWindows to start, send me some private e-mail and I'll send you samples
of OpenWindows and olvwm startup files.

MB
--
System Administrator - Finnigan FT/MS - Madison WI. URL:http://www.ftms.com/