> >I had some problems installing olvwm in my RH 5.0.
> >Can someone tell me HOW I can get the best package
> >from any ftp site and installing succesfully ? I
> >installed the xview rpm package from RH 4.2 ftp
> >site, but I do not understand the relations between
> >xview and olvwm ? Can someone explane me ?
>
> I'm afraid that I can't explain you, but I will try and get OpenWindows
> running on your system.  I have it up and running on mine right now.
>
> The Xview RPM package from the RedHat 4.2 is the correct one to use.
>
> Add the following alias to your shell's environment:
>
>       ow='openwin -wm olvwm >& openwin.log'
>
> The openwin.log is to help troubleshoot any problems.
>
> If you haven't done so already, you need to add the following to your
> environment;
>
>       export OPENWINHOME=/usr/openwin
> or
>       setenv OPENWINHOME /usr/openwin
>
> Add $OPENWINHOME/bin tp your path.
>
> Source the files that you edited and just enter "ow" on the command line.
> It should start, but you won't have much on the screen.  If you get
> OpenWindows to start, send me some private e-mail and I'll send you samples
> of OpenWindows and olvwm startup files.

I did all this, but when I type ow on the command line
appears the message: /usr/openwin does not exist cannot run

In fact, there is not a /usr/openwin in my system. But I
installed the xview rpm packege from RH 4.2 with success.
The only thing I known is that in the /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
there are the following files:
   Xinitrc.ol
   olvwm4-bison.patch
   olvwm4-truecolor.tar.gz
   openwin
   openwin-menu-programs
   xview-ncurses.patch
   xview3.2p1-X11R6-LinuxELF.2.diff.gz
   xview3.2p1-X11R6-LinuxElf-noshaded.patch
   xview3.2p1-X11R6.tar.gz

But I do not know how I can run the Open Look
window manager. Can someone, please, tell me
any suggestion ???
Thanks!!!