On Mon, 18 May 1998, Michael wrote:

> Hi all !
> I have just been to rehat's site and read about extreme linux. Unfortunatly I
> didn't understand exactly what it can be used for, so can anyone here
> give me a down-to-earth explaination of it. Also, would it be of any use
> on a single-user machine ?

By definition it could not be used on a single user machine. Extrme linux
is for hooking up many computers and having them work like one. It is for
high end computing applications. For instance if I was an astrophysicist
interested in simulating N-Body gravitional blah blah blah. i could run
them on this quasi supercomputer.