On Mon, 18 May 1998, Randy Carpenter wrote:

> Hmmm...  would this be usable in a web server configuration?  Like could I
> have 3 or 4 machines, all connected to each other, but having a single IP
> address for incoming requests?  And, if one server crashed, the others
> would still be up and running, and it would be invisible to the end user?

No. Mr. Shaw's explanation was a little over simplified. There is one
master computer and many slave computers that do lots of numbercrunching
in parralell. I can't imagine why you would need a web server with quasi
supercomputer performance. Anyway what are you going to do if the master
computer fails?
BTW
There are ways in order to gain redundancy for what you are trying to do.
One simple way would be to use roundrobin dns.