At 01:30 AM 5/19/98 -0500, Maxwell Smart wrote:
  >May not work, but go to the cdrom drive and type the following:
  >
  >        cd dosutils
  >        autoboot

I tried this and got the same results. Still reboots.

At 10:00 AM 5/19/98 +0000, Aaron wrote:
  >I had this same problem.  Tell me, what is your motherboard
  >manufacturer?  You will problably need to go their web page and download
  >a BIOS update.  That is what I had to do.  Once done, it booted fine.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a new BIOS and got pretty much the same
results. But the new BIOS does have a little delay before rebooting so I
can see whats happening on the screen. The last few lines are as follows:

.
.
Linux version 2.0.32 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 2.7.2.3) #1 Wed
Nov 19 00:46:45 EST 1997
Starting kswapd v 1.4.2.2
Serial driver version 4.13 with no serial options enabled
tty00 at 0x3f8 (irq=4) is a 16550A
tty01 at 0x2f8 (irq=3) is a 16550A
Real time clock driver v1.07
Ramdisk driver initialized : 16 ramdisks of 4096K

This is where it crashes and then reboots.

1) what is it trying to do at this point?
2) any suggestions as to how to fix it?
3) where can I find the source for whatever is trying to start at this point?

TIA
Dave