> The disks seemed to work properly, but I couldn't find any way to manually
> load a module from my own disk.  Is this possible with RH5?  It should be,
> if it isn't.

Yes, it's possible, assuming you've compiled the module with the same version as
the kernel.

> So, Plan B, I boot into Win95 (which has the Accton driver installed),
> and copy the RedHat directory from the CD-ROnM on the server (which is
> also running Samba) to the FAT16 partition on my laptop.  Reboot weith the
> RedHat disks and try to tell it to install off the hard drive; that's
> where the installation hangs.  I'm not on the machine, so I don't have the
> error message handy, but it's something to do with 'exec'

:( I'd need more information about the 'exec' part..  Make absolutely sure your
boot disk was created ok, and there were no read during booting, or write errors
during the disk creation.

Also make sure you've specified the parallel port driver information correctly.

> The only problem is that osbs wants LILO installed to the root partition,
> not the MBR.  Under Slackware this is a menu-selectable item; under RedHat
> I had to explain to the customer (who looked at me rather blanky; this is
> his first exposure to Linux) how to edit lilo.conf...

I thought there was a command-line program available after installation, like is
available during installation, but there doesn't appear to be.  What kind of
'menu-selectable item' does slackware have?  Perhaps we can steal it for RH, and
incorporate it into the dist?

Dave