Some major packages like CDE and Applix are giving me "can't resolve
symbol" errors right after installation.  Many other apps won't invoke
from fvwm95, but some will.

I'm had many reinstalls now, all with sinmilar symptoms.

Maybe it's me, I've always used fvwm and Slackware before and with no
problem.

I have two weeks of spare time into this and so far it has been a very
negative experience compared to Slackware, the exact opposite of my
anticipations.

Help would be much appreciated.

BTW, I degenerated to telling RedHat to install everything.  The
installation concludes successfully it seems, and the subsequent xfree
update seems to go smoothly.  But you just can't launch most apps!

TIA
--
John Ohrt *** Toronto, ON, Canada *** mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]