Hugo Rabson wrote:

> Out of interest, does anyone here use a trackerball? Linux always leaves me
> with an aching right-wrist (*no* stupid jokes, please, heh) so I'm investing
> $50 in a good trackerball. Has anyone else noticed how fiddly the mouse is
> under Linux compared to Windows NT4, or is it just my imagination?

        I've used logitech trackballs ( pick one <grin> ) under linux
succesfuly.  As along as they show up as ms compatible mice - all is
fine.

        If your getting jerkiness try and turn off acceleration.  Track balls
are usualy high "resolution" so doubling it, just makes it worse.

        If you have the pointer floating around randomly - try using a serial
rather than ps/2.  Worked for me.  I belive the ps/2 drivers are a
little buggy still.