>There is a piece of software called VNC, it's freeware, and
>rocks some serious worlds. :)  You can find it at
www.orl.co.uk/vnc.

Hi Folks,

Following the hint from Adam Jacobs, I downloaded the linux and
windows versions of VNC. I'm rather excited about this offering.
It took 30 minutes to download and 30 minutes to install in three
machines, one linux, and two w95.

It was worth staying well past my bedtime.

To test it I fired up the linux vnc server and a vnc server on one
w95 pc then ran the viewer on another w95 pc. From the viewer PC I
ran a netscape Java session on the linux box and used that to view
the desktop of the w95 server. I hope you can follow that ! A lot
of network traffic, and a bit slow - but it works!

I'ts a sort of multi-platform PC ANYWHERE/Co-Session/Remote/Carbon
copy.

It's going to change the way I access remote systems for support.

The installation instructions are good too.

I havn't been so excited about a connectivity product in years!

Well done Adam for posting !

Tony Wells, way past his bedtime...but very happy...
Phenomenal Books
"I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the
time to make it shorter" - Blaise Pascal.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
bookstuff: www.phenomenal-books.com
anyotherstuff: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Intnl tel/fax: +44 1524 845559