On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Bench wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why I can't get the 265041 blocks I have allocated for
> my swap space.  'cat /proc/meminfo' shows this:

Linux imposes a 128MB limit per-swapfile.  You can use multiple swap
partitions and/or swapfiles, however, to work around this problem.  (be
glad - it used to be 16MB! :) )

Your system appears to have barrels full of RAM, however.  Are you really
sure you need 256MB of swap?  In the output you gave it was all free,
implying that the system hasn't had occasion to swap yet.  (But then,
maybe the system wasn't loaded when you looked in meminfo).