Ok, I have a news server at my school that I need to post and read
groups from, however I usualy have the system on 24/7 to my ISP via
ppp.  They have had spam problems at school, and have blocked all non
school domain address from posting ( in this case *.gmu.edu sites can
read/post everyone else gets shut out )

What I'd like to do is run something akin to fetchmail that can go out
to the news servers and auth via my account on the network, grab the
news, put it in my local news spool were netscape is quite happy to read
from localhost ( aliased as news.mydomain ) just as it is to read mail
from pop.mydomain and post to mail.mydomain ( all the same host - but I
figured I might expand down the road )

Any suggestions, something to run via crontabs every so often?