Hi,

I am trying to write a script that gives the specific information and
controls the Main Trunk connection when a dialin user calls in and
connect.   This script has been designed to be sensitive to the specfic
port list on the commen line when the script is initiated.

I need to import into the script the actual speed that modem negeotiated
and the name of the user that is logging on.

mgetty is answering the phone and pass authentication to the ppp from
where the script is initiated in such away as to run in the background.

Also, how does one send AT commands to a modem from the coomand line or
in maybe even in a script form.

thanks in advance
--
robert