Al Potter wrote:

> Greetings fellow red-hatted geeks!

Huh?  Oh, who, US?

But this hat is blue. . .

> Hope you all enjoyed the Linux Expo.  If you weren't there, you missed out.
> Best conference I've ever attended.

Indeed.  I came out feeling like I'd been dipped in GNU-soup.

> So, the question is, how does one access the firewalling menu(s) in
> linuxconf?  I've played with the demo at the linuxconf page and was
> impressed.  I couldn't get the screens to pop up on my laptop, which only
> has one interface, so I built a server, stuffed in two cards, etc.  Still no
> firewalling menus....
>
> A quick troll (note:  quick!) through the srpm sources leads me to believe
> that they are the same as the normal linuxconf distro, so what am I missing?

I think that you have to go out and get plug-in modules other than the ones
that come with the main distro.  More than that I don't know 'cuz I haven't
gotten to that one yet -- I decided to get the eye candy first
(GNOME+enlightenment) and haven't made it around to the real-work stuff yet.
But from the tutorial I got the impression that there are about forty of them
so far on the linuxconf internet site and more on the way, but only about a
dozen in the main distro.

> BTW:  We are looking for technical staff.  Email me direct if interested.

Would we have to move to anyplace as hot as Oklahoma?  d8-)x