[snip]
> > Does anyone else out there have a 133 Pentium that reports
> "Pentium75+ ?
> > This seems odd to me. Also does the bogomips look odd too?
>
> I have that as well on my P90.  Maybe it means P75 or higher
> (+)...?  My
> question is, what is "stepping" and do I want it high or low?
>  I also have
> bogomips of 35.94.  Is that "good" or "bad"--or does it matter?

Same here.
I have noticed that the "faster" the proccessor the higher the bogomips:
p90 = 35.94
p133 = 52.84
pmmx166 = 334.62 (me)
pmmx200 = 398.13
pmmx233 = 466.94.

However there is an exception:
pII266 = 267.06.

What does this mean? A measure of performance I would assume but you know
what they say about assuming :). If so what's the rule and can you tell a
bad chip using this measurement? Or is it just more abitrary numbering? What
does any of this mean to Linux/RedHat in terms of performance (if any)?

Paul Pettit      \      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CCB, Inc.         \     CTO      \     800-342-4222x114 fax:800-440-5036
http://www.ccbnpts.com        \    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ccbministries.com  \  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The #1 location for non-profit, academic, and religious computer
supplies.

"And down under all those piles of stuff, the secret was written: We
build our computers the way we build our cities -- over time, without a
plan, on top of ruins."
           -- Ellen Ullman, Software Engineer / Author, on Windows et.
all.

http://www.salon21st.com/21st/feature/1998/05/cov_12feature.html