for some reason this didnt get to the list i think

Brad Wyman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > No root, or any other user. ill look and see if that file is there tho,
> > and i think ill just rename it or somthing.
>
> Hmm, you should still be able to log in as root. Take a look in
> /var/log/messages to see what errors are being recorded.
>
> I understand that /etc/nologin is created during shutdown to stop users
> logging in while the system goes down, it optionally contains any shutdown
> message about why it's going down. It should be deleted during startup.
>
> Other than that, I have no idea.
>
> peter

OK, i looked and /etc/nologin was not there. can anyone tel me what the
login process intales. ie what stuff is done by what programs so that i
can look into these programs for probles, and mayme re install them if
necicary using the rescue disk and all!!!!!