Leston Buell wrote:

> I cannot seem to be able to grant write permission to non-root users for
> a hard drive with a vfat file system. What do i need to do?

I have a linux RH5.0 system which I use as a single user workstation.  To enable
me to write to a vfat partition,
I put the following in my /etc/fstab file

/dev/hda5               /d                      vfat    user,rw,uid=500 0 0

where my user id is 500.  I was told that this may work with group access
privilege also (gid=???) but I didn't need
that for my setup.

Hope this helps.

paul

> Leston Buell
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --

Paul J. Kersting
KW Consulting, Inc. - Fuel Rod Expertise for the Nuclear Power Industry
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    WWW: www.kwconsulting.com
(412) 635-7333 (voice)  (412) 367-2195 (fax)