I booted DosLinux using the bzimage kernel (i didnt find any at the mca
site recommend that worked, thanks though, i may need that at a later
point) and here is the error that I got which may help you people who know
Linux deduce what is wrong and what I need to do to fix it.

PS/2 ESDI: DMA above 16MB not supported
end_request: I/O error, dir 20:01, sector 498929

There was a page or two of these each one having a different sector.  I am
also not sure whether dir is dir or some other set of letters, I can't read
what I wrote (oops!).  Thanks for your patience,
                LT
--
"No man and no force can abolish memory."
        - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Penguin Power!  Linux is the OS of the future!

LT Grant - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - 0x110BCDC5 - UIN #9826505