>Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:01:24 PDT
>From: "Joe Tseng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Q: news servers

We aren't running news here anymore, but I installed it once to try it. The
server is INN (inn-1.7-2 in RH5.0). Read /usr/doc/HOWTO/News-HOWTO or take a
quick hike to:
        rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet-by-hierachy/news
I managed to set it up from a standing start in around 30 mins.

Any probs., feel free to ask....

>Anyone here ever set up a news server with Linux?  What software do you use
>to host the groups?  How hard is it to do?  I'd like to do this to
>demonstrate to management that Linux is indeed a viable system for the
>enterprise.  (In any case we need one.)  Any useful help will be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Joe

Kevin Thorpe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message created by ExpressIT! 2000 trial version.
(c) 1996 Infinite Technologies - http://www.ihub.com/products/exp2000