Howdy,

A full news feed is about 28GB, 30,000 news groups, 700,000
articles, all per day.  About 80% of that is binaries, 65% of which are in
alt.bin*, with alt.warez* taking up most of the rest of that binary
bandwidth.

We (NEGIA, a mid sized ISP) are testing a super-fast news server we got
from VAResearch. Fantastic setup, and quite inexpensive.  We have two full
feeds and 3 partial feeds, all from different sources, and this new server
is taking it all in stride.

-Sincerely,
----Patrick