J> Hi All.  This talk about 386's has got me wondering...  Has anyone
J> ever tried to use a bunch of 386's as a small distributed computing
J> system?  I know that the Beowulf (sp?) project uses higher end
J> machines but what about all those old 386 systems??

It was called Amoeba.  Andrew Tannenbaum did it, iirc.  You should
find some references to it if you web search, but it was never
generally available to the public, just to schools for research or for
money, I think.

--
Alan Shutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - By consent of the corrupted
God is a comic playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.