On 21-Mar-98 Dan Cyr wrote:

> I'll answer your last question only.
>
> Yup!  =)

Wrong, thanks for playing.. :)

> At 10:32 PM 3/21/98 +1000, plaven wrote:
>>Since I have other problems, problems that could be resolved by
>>re-installing only to get the text based menu back, would that be the
>>better option for now?  TIA.

No, there is never a good reason to re-install.  Get out of the windows train
of though.  Mount your CDROM, change the RPMS directory, and install the
following:

glibc-devel
make
gcc

assuming you are install RH 5.0.  Otherwise, try and install make, and see
what its dependancies are.  Install the dependancies as well.  Use 'rpm -Uvh
package.i386.rpm' to install.

Dave