On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Alfonso Barreto Lopez wrote:

> How can I setup an internal modem under Linux I tried with /dev/ttyS3 but
> it did not work, how can I see if it is recognized....

You can see if Linux recognized it by looking at the output of dmesg.
Just type 'dmesg' at a console and scroll up (shift+ pgup) a few pages and
there are some lines like:

         ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
         ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
         ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

I have two serial ports on my mother board ttyS00 and ttyS01 and an
internal modem ttyS02.  The problem though, is that I have my internal
modem set for IRQ9 and as you can see the kernel assignes it IRQ4.  To fix
this I added the line 'setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 9' in my
/etc/rc.d/rc.local file.

Works like a champ!

 -= Anthony DeStefano =-         PGP key avalible from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 with subject "get pgp key"