>>Are you trying to use the modem on com3 or com4?  If so, don't.
>>I've never gotten that to work correctly.
>
>I have.  When dealing with COM3 and COM4, you have to keep in mind that
>they're sharing IRQs with COM1 and COM2 (respectively).  That means
>that you can't have two active devices on the corresponding COM ports.
>For instance, if you have your serial mouse on COM1 and your modem on
>COM3, the two are going to interfere with each other and you'll get
>really strange behavior from both.

That is why I've never gotten them to work.  Most users will want to have
activity on com1/3 (com2/4) at the same time, resulting in problems.  I
therefore limit myself to com1/2 and suggest that to others.  PeeCees are
bad enough, with the limited number of interrupts (way too limited), without
adding to the problem by trying to share interrupts.  Something will go wrong
sooner or later.

>Oh, and try using /dev/cua[0123] instead of /dev/ttyS[0123].

Correct.

MB
--
System Administrator - Finnigan FT/MS - Madison WI. URL:http://www.ftms.com/