On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Al Margheim wrote:

> I'm trying to get an Allied Telesyn International AT-2000 (NE-2000 clone)
> to work with RedHat v5.0 (kernel 2.0.32) and am having no luck.  I've spent
> many hours reading faqs, howto's, linux newsgroup postings but I'm still
> not sure what the problem is.
>
> The AT-2000 is a plug-and-play card, but I've disabled the plug-and-play
> feature with the card's setup software and manually set the irq and i/o
> port range.  I know the card itself works in this mode because I can
> dual-boot this PC (a new Compaq Deskpro 2000) to Win95 and Win95 can attach
> to shared resources on my WinNT system and I can ping either system from
> either system.
>
> The card is configured for IRQ 10 and I/O port 0x300. I've tried entering
> these
> boot options at the lilo prompt:
>
> linux ether=10,0x300,eth0
> linux ether=10,0x300,0,0,eth0

Try 'linux ether=0x300,10,eth0'  since the io port is usually defined
before irq for most drivers.  Also if you are using the ne2000 module just
add the following lines to your /etc/conf.modules:

        alias eth0 ne2000
        options ne2000 io=0x300 irq=10

> When I look at /proc/ioports and /proc/interrupts, no entries appear for
> i/o 0x300 or for irq 10.

The entries will not be in either file until the drive is loaded.  This is
trues for all drivers.

-= Anthony DeStefano =-         PGP key avalible from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 with subject "get pgp key"