> David I think you're probably frustrated, and I guess I can sympathize,
> but the above sounds like a laundry list of the "anecdotal evidence" you
> demean when presented as proof that linux does indeed work.  _If_ you are
> having such troubles, and aren't motivated to use linux by 'religous'
> fervor, switch OSes.

Agreed. Frustration hardly brings out the best in me....

It looks as though we'll separate the uses for which Linux is appropriate and
those for which a real RTOS is indicated. That may reduce the exasperation
factor. In any event, I hope that some light was generated along with the
smoke and heat in this dialogue.

--

        David Fisher
        Chief Engineer