>> Your choosing to ignore your own evidence and selective quoting to keep
>> making your point indeed lends credence to an earlier question regarding
>> troubleshooting abilities.  It may well be that Linux is the messenger
>> trying to tell you something about that particular hardware combination
>> having a problem.
>
>I think that you are right about that particular setup. However, the real
issue
>for us is whether or not we have realistic expectations of Linux. At this
>point, I think that we do not. Linux has its place here, but we need first
>deal with the need for an RTOS.
>
>Thanks.

Glad to have been of assistance and I wish you well which ever way you go.
I agree with a lot of points you have raised however and Linux is not for
everyone or for every task.  I use it for certain tasks at work that it is
ideally suited to, but I am writing this mail on a W95 box because that
suits some of my needs too.

Enjoy!

Willie