> ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.0.129 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
> route add -host 192.168.0.129 dev eth0:0
>
> which works fine.
>
> However, as far as I can tell this is probably not the 'standard' way
> that this 'should' be setup in RedHat5.  Can anyone point me to a
> file format and location that would include setting up things like
> this within the framework already laid down in RH5?

Yes, this is not the standard way of doing this.  Assuming you have the
netcfg utility, and X running, it is quite simple to add an alias.

Otherwise, copy the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0 and modify it as necessary.

Restart the networking with "ifup ifcfg-eth0:0"

Dave