Hi,

I ran into a similar situation when configuring my SB-compatible card. I
found out the problem was related to resource settings (i.e. IRQ, DMA,IO).
I booted to dos and ran a diagnostic utility that came with the card and
recorded the settings and to insure those were correct.

I have RH5.0 also, I have RH5.0 also,
are you using the sndconfig utility in Linux? It steps you through
everything. The snbconfig program eventually asks for the hardware
settings, in my case when it did is I chose the settings I got from
diagnostic utility and the sound card started working.

Hope this helps,

Dave