> I've installed Red Hat 5.0 on a Compaq Presario 4706.  It worked
> fine until I installed a Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II.  With the
> card installed, the system fails to come up at all.

I'm using this card in my system.  It REQUIRES kernel version 2.0.32
or greater... I found this out at the LinkSYS web page... yep, they
speak linux.

I think there's a 2.0.32 RPM for 5.0 on the Red Hat Sites.
http://www.redhat.com/mirrors.html

But if you want FAT32 support, get the 2.0.34 sources and build your
own.... maybe, after verifying that the card is setup correctly with
the 2.0.32... 8-)
--
Doug