I'm currently in the situation where I'm running out of SCSI ID's to
assign to new equipment added to my Linux box..   My card is an Adaptec
2944UW SCSI adapter which can have a possible 15 devices (including the host
adapter) attached to the card..  I've recently gained a number of narrow
SCSI HD's which can only be set to a SCSI ID of 7 or bellow..

        I'm thinking of changing my Host Adapters SCSI ID to ID 15 so that I
can free up SCSI ID 7 for use by another device..  will this cause problems
under Linux?  Will I need to make any changes/ re-install or will it happily
cope with the ID change...

Best regards

Tim Larkins
NCR Professional Services