Cheers for the sound and detailed advice,  its put me on the correct
(even if slightly more expensive ;) route..

        I've had a good think about what configurations I could use when I
recieve the additional SCSI devices ontop of my current ones, and the two
SCSI card solution will work out extreamly well..  all HD's in an external
box attached to my nice and fast SCSI card (which will have no internal
devices), and then a cheep and cheerful (ie: no BIOS for a start) SCSI card
will handle my CDRom, CD Writer and DAT internaly and will have a SCSI
scanner attached to its external interface (not ideal, but speed isn't so
much on an issue with these devices)..

        I like solutions that have a kind  of "correct" feel about them..
and I think this should work out rather well..

        Once again.. cheers for the advice :)

Best regards

Tim Larkins
NCR Professional Services