Mark Rogers wrote:

>   Ok here we go, belive it or not.
>
>   One machine set up as primary name server, running one virtual IP
> (virtual web page) and dialin ppp connections.
> Everything is great except that there are some web pages that the
> machine just times out on?
>
> Here is the deal, the pages I wan't to get to are fine for anyone else.
> I can ping then and ftp to them, but web times out.
> If I telnet to port 8080 I get in and do a GET / and it times out (some
> send a cookie before timing out).
>
> The pages, (about 5 that I know of) are all running different systems
> (NT, unix whatever).
>
> I did breifly fix the problem buy upgrading from kernel 2.0.32 to
> 2.0.33. However it's back, from seemingly nowhere.
>
> Does anyone know of anything in RH5 that could be doing this? My DNS is
> fine (reverse lookups are great etc), and there are no errors in
> messages.
>
> Is it a quirk that somebody has heard of? Or do I just have a f**ked
> router? ;-)

 Ok, some extra info. When I try to access on of the pages that I can no longer
get to eg.

lynx www.abc.net.au

It will take a few mins to time out and this message is sent to my messages
file.

named[844]: recvfrom: No route to host
              Mark Rogers
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Northern Rivers Gateway
           +61 (066) 216999
"It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere" - RedDwarf