At 01:47 PM 3/11/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Actually I'd go further than that, at least as refers to Windows.  The
>reason people like windows is the applications that it will run, not the OS,
>nor the user interface shell.

I think that says it all right there. I am involved in a virtual flame war
with this local guy who's been using computers for two years, poor guy has
been trapped in 95/NT since the beginning. He doesn't know any better, and
thinks that anything with a command-line interface is primitive and
useless. :) He seems to think that MS GUI OS's have the highest market
share because it is the best OS. (!)

An OS is nothing without applications. Windows apps have the upper hand
when it comes to graphics. I am a diehard photoshop user, and though I have
not had the chance to work with photoshop under linux, I hope to one day
switch over completely to linux. We're an authorized Adobe Service Center.
Maybe I can talk the boss into getting me Photoshop for linux. :)