> > Am I the only one left in the English-speaking world who knows the difference
> > between "its" and "it's"?
>
> Don't you have anything better to than pick-out grammatical errors? I
> didn't join a Linux mailing list to hear about "its and it's"...

Yes, I have many better things to do, but, as I am capable of executing many
threads simultaneously, I felt that it was worth the time and effort to note, in
public, that excellence in the use of language, arguably one's most valuable tool,
is at least as important as excellence in the use of C or Linux or any other
intellectual implement. As for what you joined the list for, well, perhaps a little
tolerance and open-mindedness might be suggested. I do not object to the fact that
95% of the issues raised on this list are irrelevant to me. Why can't you try a
similar attitude?

Just a thought...

        David Fisher