I'd like to take you up on your request for a copy of your X config file -
I've been trying to get X configured on my new laptop, a Toshiba Satellite
300CDT and have got _exactly_ the same symptoms as ryo described in his
original post - almost down to the chipset, mine's a C&T 65555 PCI.

I've searched high and low and more info on this problem - I'm thinking it
could be a quirk of this particular chipset - hopefully not :-(

Anyhow any suggestions gratefully received (normally payable in bribery and
corruption or beer but that's a bit difficult if you're in Utah (grins) -
still, could always invent virtual beer eh?)

Best regards and all that

Gary

Blake Thornton wrote:

> I have x working great on my visionbook plus (4350 or something like
> that) and i just ran Xconfigurator and choose custom monitor, I think i
> then chose a 800x600 display, i cant remember which one, there were 3
> choices and they all seemed to work so i dont know the differences
> between them. and then i let Xconfigurator probe my chip, then I picked
> to choose which monitor i had and picked 16 bit, 800x600.  8 bit worked
> fine too.   If this doesn't work for you, i'd be happy to email you my
> config file.  if its a mouse problem it may be a different problem.
>
> as for redhat digest list, its really great, but replying to messages is
> a pain.  I am using pine, is there an easy way to reply to a message and
> get the message below.  you see what i get:
>
> thanks
>
> On 11 Mar 1998 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > redhat-digest Digest                          Volume 98 : Issue 425
> >
> > Today's Topics:
> >        New Strategy for Linux
> >        Re: repartion hard drive
> >        Re: Strange sox sounds...
> >        RE: repartion hard drive
> >        RE: repartion hard drive
> >        Re: repartion hard drive
> >        linux laptop
> >        some failed dependencies....
> >        RE: Problems with sound...
> >        Re: some failed dependencies....
> >        Re: New Strategy for Linux
> >        RE: Kernel size limit ??
> >        Re: apache not identifying html?
> >        Strange find at bootup
> >        Drive sizes
> >        Re: Drive sizes
> >        Re: Strange sox sounds...
> >        Re: Drive sizes
> >         fortran compiler doesn't work
> >        Re: Drive sizes
> >        Re: A little humor to break the monotony
> >        Re: I Need a Linux Friendly 'National' ISP
> >        Re: New Strategy for Linux
> >        Apache with ~/public_html
> >        modules question
> >
> > Administrivia:
> >
> > To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to:
> >
> >       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > With "unsubscribe" in the subject line.  Do NOT send a message
> > to redhat-list or redhat-digest.  If you have trouble, send mail
> > to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and a person will help you.
> >

> --

Gary Gale / G-Tech Ltd / Chiswick / London
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/plaza/gy90/

Project Options: On Time, Zero Defects - select one only