I have x working great on my visionbook plus (4350 or something like
that) and i just ran Xconfigurator and choose custom monitor, I think i
then chose a 800x600 display, i cant remember which one, there were 3
choices and they all seemed to work so i dont know the differences
between them. and then i let Xconfigurator probe my chip, then I picked
to choose which monitor i had and picked 16 bit, 800x600.  8 bit worked
fine too.   If this doesn't work for you, i'd be happy to email you my
config file.  if its a mouse problem it may be a different problem.

as for redhat digest list, its really great, but replying to messages is
a pain.  I am using pine, is there an easy way to reply to a message and
get the message below.  you see what i get:

thanks