I need to expand the capabilities of my linux box and
am wondering if....

Redhat 4.2 can handle...

an IDE controller card which can accomodate 4 IDE devices
(one of which will be my IDE CDROM).

And... is there anything special (other than just physically installing
and rebooting...telling CMOS about the extra drives,changing FSTAB)
that I need to do to get it to work with my current Linux setup?

I haven't found anything in the docs & don't recall seeing anything
on this list regarding this topic...

Many thanks in advance for your guidance.

Hank