You can of course get around having two IDE controllers if one of the IDE
channles  on the dual controller is faulty. All that you would need to do
is make a pot of coffee and be prepared to play with pin settings for about
an hour or so. =)

However that wasn't his question.

If there is support in your BIOS to comfigure 4 IDE devices then your ready
to go.
If not then hopefully there is either a a dos based device driver to engage
it. (In which case i would asume that loadlin would be needed to keep it
working for linux)? Maybe  not if the first IDE channel works from the get
go. There is probably a setting in the kernel somewhere for the secondary
channel.

I think there is more than likely a BIOS built into this controller though
and setup of the hard drives would be done through that.

If there is any problems, download a full kernel (get linux-2.0.33.tar.gz)
and openj it in your win95 system and read the linux\Documentation\ide.txt

Good Luck

Dan