I have asked this on linux-admin and the silence was defining.
I have a 2 computer LAN with timed running on both. Ann is the master and
is running timed -M -n 192.168.0.0 -F ann and bea is running
timed -n 192.168.0.0. Executing:

[root@ann /etc]# timedc msite ann bea
master timedaemon at ann is ann
master timedaemon at bea is ann

Ok, this is what it's supposed to be. However, executing:

[root@ann /etc]# timedc clockdiff bea ann
bea.qtpi.lakewood.ca.us is down
ann.qtpi.lakewood.ca.us is down

Oops! Bea is NOT down and of course neither is ann! So, will somebody
please tell me what the problem is here? The man pages do NOT help!

TIA

Bob

P.S. If you want to tell me this is not the proper place to ask, then
please direct me to the proper one!

| Bob Taylor             Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a     |
| swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you   |
| can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell  |
| if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|