Hi,

  I am slowly working through getting my ppp connection to work.
I have successfully gotten the connection to my ISP to work and stay connected.
My problem now is that the ppp-off doesn't seem to work. When I do ppp-off I get
the following message "var/run/ppp0.pid permission denied", and the modem does not hang up.
  I'm looking for in FAQs but haven't found any previous discussion concerning this particular problem. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

TIA
Dave

ps: I hope the format of this messages isn't too messed up. I had to use the Outlook e-mail application.